Homemade Instant Khoya recipe
Khoya or mawa is an important ingredient in making any kind of dessert. We often purchase them from shops and it is sometimes also not available. With this Instant Khoya recipe, you can make soft khoya at home in just 5 minutes.
It was last year Holi when I was planning to make some pedas at home. My family enjoys peda on special festivals like Holi and Diwali. I made every preparation to make the pedas the night before Holi. I thought of making them fresh on the day of Holi to welcome guests and surprise my family.
Early morning I went to the halwai shop to get the khoya or mawa and to my bad luck, it was not available. Due to the huge demand for khoya on special occasions, there is a shortage of khoya. I came home in a bad mood. Then, suddenly I remember how my grandmother uses to make khoya at home using milk. I even saw my mother making khoya from milk powder. I was hopeful.
More about Instant Khoya Recipe
I quickly called up my mother to revise the recipe again. Then everything was sorted. I was delighted to think that I could prepare the pedas from scratch. So, today basically I am sharing my mother’s recipe of making instant khoya at home. It is very easy. All you need is milk powder as the main ingredient.
With this recipe, you can make fresh khoya and mawa in just 5 minutes. This khoya can be used for making different kinds of sweets or desserts. It is almost exactly like the khoya we buy from halwai shops. Now I simply cannot wait further to share the recipe with you all.
Video presentation of Instant Mawa Recipe
For more easy dessert recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other dessert recipes in this blog:
Khoya Gulab Jamun recipe
Step by Step photo guide of how to make Instant Mawa
1. Take a pan and add some ghee to it. Let it melt
2. Now add liquid milk and keep stirring to mix the milk and the ghee.
3. When the milk starts boiling, gradually add milk powder to it.
4. Keep stirring in low flame to avoid any lumps.
5. After a few minutes you will notice that the milk has changed to khoya.
6. Take it out in a bowl and mash it to get soft khoya.
7. Give it the desired shape and your instant khoya is ready
Homemade instant Mawa recipe Card
- 1 Pan
- 1 Ladle
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Cup Milk powder
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Tbs Ghee
- Take a pan and add some ghee to it. Let it melt
- Now add liquid milk and keep stirring to mix the milk and the ghee.
- When the milk starts boiling, gradually add milk powder to it.
- Keep stirring in low flame to avoid any lumps.
- After a few minutes you will notice that the milk has changed to khoya.
- Take it out in a bowl and mash it to get soft khoya.
- Give it the desired shape and your instant khoya is ready