There is only one thing that is more famous than the Taj Mahal in Agra is “AGRA Ka Petha”. This translucent extra soft chewy candy-like sweet dish is very popular all around as Agra ka Petha. It is consumed dry as well as dipped in Sugar syrup-in both the ways it tastes like heaven. There is a variety of Petha available in the market- Kesar Petha recipe, Angoori Petha recipe, Coconut Petha recipe, and many more. It is the only candy that is tasty as well as healthy, made of only fruit and sugar.
For decades, this classic translucent humble cloyingly sweet petha is filling delight in people’s life and giving them satisfaction after eating this candy of Petha.
MORE ABOUT ANGOORI PETHA
Agra ka petha is known for its purity – made only with Fruit and Sugar and no preservatives and additives. Petha is famous and enjoyed by generations to generations. Although it is a big task of making Petha at home- But am here with step- by –step very easy method of making Angoori Petha at home.
It requires ash – gourd vegetable which is also known as White Pumpkin or winter melon in local language.
We can’t go to Agra again and again for enjoying this extra special candy but we can bring the aroma of Agra ka Petha at our home with this easy method of Making Petha.
Essence of Agra ka Petha is unmatchable. Along with taste – it is having a lot of healthy benefits . Rich in Soluble fibers and helps in getting rid of acidity, ulcers and fat burn.
Dried Petha is having longer shelf-life. You can eat these sweet dried candies any time as a dessert. This will become favorite candy of your kids .
Are you ready for bringing this extra –special sweet fruit candy of Agra to your home.
Video presentation of Petha recipe
For more easy sweets recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other recipes here.
Halwai Style Khoya gulabjamun recipe
Step by Step photo guide of How to make Angoori Petha recipe
1. Cut white Pumpkin in two-three pieces.
2.Peel Out Skin Of Pumpkin.
3.Wash Pumpkin with water.
4.Apply White Chuna over Pumpkin on both sides.
5.Let it rest for 2-3 hours.
6.After 3 hours Wash Pumpkin properly.
7.Now prick Pumpkin with fork from all sides.
8.Shape white pumpkin in the desired shape you want. Cut them in cubes or scoop out in circles.
9.Apply chemical lime on pumpkin balls properly.
10.Now let it rest for 20 minutes.
11.After 20 minutes , wash them properly with water until pumpkin balls become completely clean.
12.Pat them dry properly.
13.Prick the balls with toothpick.
14.Now for Sugar Syrup- Add Sugar to pan.
15.Now add water to it.
16.For aroma of flavors and taste add Cardamom powder and Saffron to the syrup.
17.Let it boil till single string consistency.
18.Now add pumpkin balls to it.
19.Cook them in syrup for 10-12 minutes.
20.Once pumpkin balls are cooked , dry them in sunlight for 1 hour.
21.After 1 hour your juicy and tasty Petha candy is ready.
1.Clean Chemical Lime properly otherwise it will give bad smell to Petha.
2.Saffron can be skipped to give it a crystal white color.
3.You can also use Chocolate, Kewda , Coconut for different flavors.
Angoori Petha recipe card
- 500 gram Pumpkin
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Chemical Lime or Chuna
- A pinch Saffron
- Cut Pumpkin into two-three pieces.
- Peel Out Skin Of Pumpkin.
- Wash Pumpkin with water.
- Apply White Chuna over Pumpkin on both sides.
- Let it rest for 2-3 hours.
- After 3 hours Wash Pumpkin properly.
- Now prick Pumpkin with a fork from all sides.
- Shape white pumpkin in the desired shape you want. Cut them in cubes or scoop out in circles.
- Apply chemical lime on pumpkin balls properly.
- Now let it rest for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash them properly with water until pumpkin balls become completely clean.
- Pat them dry properly.
- Prick the balls with a toothpick.
- Now for Sugar Syrup- Add Water to the pan.
- Now add Sugar to it.
- For aroma of flavors and taste add Cardamom powder and saffron to the syrup.
- Let it boil till single string consistency.
- Now add pumpkin balls to it.
- Cook them in syrup for 10-12 minutes.
- Once pumpkin balls are cooked, dry them in sunlight for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour your juicy and tasty petha candy is ready.
- Clean Chemical Lime properly otherwise it will give a bad smell to petha.
- Saffron can be skipped to give it a crystal white color.
- You can also use Chocolate, Kewda, Coconut for different flavors.