Chocolate Modak Recipe
Chocolate modak is a simple modak recipe completely made-up of chocolate. Everyone loves to eat chocolate in any form. In India, chocolates come in many forms and chocolate modaks are very famous and chocolate a word is enough to explain the love for it
Modak comes in different flavors and chocolate modak is one of the best options of all the modak. Chocolate flavor modak are very tasty and soft.
More about chocolate Modak
Chocolate modak are very easy modak we can make it home within one hour. Chocolate modak are made from khoya or mava and chocolate as main ingredients.
You can use any fresh or frozen khoya and any kind of chocolate compound chocolate or cocoa powder or dairymilk also fine for chocolate modak.
Video presentation of chocolate modak
Follow us on Youtube Channel Vaamcooking .
Step by step photo guide of chocolate modak recipe
In a non stick pan add take grated khoya
Cook khoya for 2-3 minutes
Add sugar in khoya and mix well
Now add grated chocolate to khoya mixture and mix well
Add cardamom powder in chocolate mixture mix well.
Cook until modak dough becomes thick and start leaving sides of pan
Take out modak dough on plate and let it cool down completely
Once dough cool down completely knead dough for one minute and make soft dough.
Apply ghee to chocolate mold .
Keep dough inside modak mold and close lid .
Take out extra dough and open lid
Modak are ready to serve.
Chocolate modak recipe card
- 1 Non stick pan
- 1 Modak mold
- In a pan add grated khoya
- Cook khoya for 2-3 minutes
- Add sugar
- Mix well until sugar melt and mix in khoya.
- Now add chocolate and mix it.
- Add cardamom powder.
- In 2-3 minutes chocolate start melting.
- Continue to stir it and cook until the dough starts leaving the side of the pan and a nice aroma comes.
- Chocolate modak dough becomes dry.
- Take out on a plate and let it cool down completely.
- For faster cooling keep the dough in the freeze.
- Now take modak mold and keep the dough inside modak mold.
- And shape nicely modak.
- Chocolate modak are ready to serve.
Video Presentation of Recipe
- Add any chocolate or cocoa powder.
- If modak are not holding shape cook for two more minutes.