American Chop suey recipe
American chop suey is a one-pot recipe makes from fried noodles served with sweet, tangy vegetable sauce recipe. Mainly an American chop suey recipe made with eggs and beef. But in India, we make our own variations of pure vegetarian chop suey.
Noodles always come in the soft form so, if you want to variation in noodles this recipe is perfect for you as these noodles are fried noodles and these are crispy noodles served with tangy full loaded vegetables.
More about American chop suey recipe
I always like to make a variety of food in my house we always try different types of noodles at my place. Once I am speaking with my friend and she said today she maid American chop suey I asked her about the recipe and I like a new different version of noodles. One day I make chop suey for my family and my family loves it.
For making chop suey you can use any noodles like whole wheat noodles, plain flour noodles, or flavored noodles. I like to use whole wheat noodles. You can add any vegetables according to your wish. When you are making sauce doesn’t make the sauce too thick it’s like soupy flowing sauce. You can add more chili sauce if you want spicy chop suey.
Video presentation of American chop suey recipe
For more easy recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other recipes in this blog:
Dum Aloo recipe
Amritsari chole recipe
Thai green curry recipe
Methi Mutter Malai,
South Indian Sambar,
Lastly do not forget to subscribe our channel for daily new recipe.
Step by a Step photo presentation of American chop suey recipe
Make crispy wheat noodles
In a pan on medium heat add water .
Next add oil and salt.
Once water is boiled add noodles.
Let cook noodles.Off the flame when noodles are half cooked.
Drain off extra water from noodles.
pour Cold water
Transfer noodles to another bowl.Let noodles cool down completely.
Add 3 tbs of corn flour in noodles.
Make ball of noodles.
Now in a pan add oil.
Once oil is really hot. Fry noodles in oil on medium flame.
Fry from both sides until they become golden and crispy.
Making of Chop suey sauce.
Now start making chop suey sauce.In a pan add oil.
Once oil is hot saute garlic and ginger.
Next , add shredded onion and saute it.
Now, add carrot and capsicum mix well.
Next add cabbage and broccoli.
Saute vegetable for 3-4 minutes.
Now add tomato ketchup.
Next , add chili sauce and mix well
Add spring onion mix well
Now , add soya sauce.
Add water and let it boil.
Meanwhile make corn flour slurry.
In a small bowl add corn flour and mix well Once water start boiling add cornflour slurry and mix well.
Add salt and sugar mix well. And cook for 3-4 minutes.
Serving of chop suey
In a plate keep one fried noodles topped with chop suey sauce .
Garnish with spring onion.
Veg American Chop suey recipe card
- 1 Pan
- 1 spoon
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Strainer
- 2 packet Whole wheat noodle
- 2 tbs Oil
- 1 cup Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Capsicum
- 1/2 tbs Ginger grated
- 1/2 tbs Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion shredded
- 1/2 cup Carrot shredded
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli
- 3 tbs Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbs Chilli sauce
- 2 tbs Spring onions
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- Sugar a pinch
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan on medium heat add water.
- Next, add oil and salt.
- Once water is boiled add noodles.
- Let cook noodles.
- Off the flame when noodles are half cooked.
- Drain off extra water from noodles
- Transfer noodles to another bowl.
- Let noodles cool down completely.
- Add 3 tbsp of cornflour in noodles.
- Mix well.
- Make a ball of noodles.
- Now in a pan add oil.
- Once the oil is really hot.
- Fry noodles in oil on medium flame.
- Fry from both sides until they become golden and crispy.
- Now start making chop suey sauce.
- In a pan add oil.
- Once the oil is hot saute garlic and ginger.
- Next, add shredded onion and saute it.
- Next, add carrot and capsicum mix well.
- Next, add cabbage and broccoli.
- Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add tomato ketchup
- Next, add chili sauce.
- Mix well
- Add spring onion mix well
- Add soya sauce.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Meanwhile, make cornflour slurry.
- In a small bowl add cornflour and mix well Once the water starts boiling add cornflour slurry and mix well
- Add salt and sugar mix well.
- And cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serving of chop suey
- On a plate keep one fried noodles topped with chop suey sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion
- Use any type of noodles full wheat, plain flour, or flavored noodles.
- Use any vegetables as you wish.
- Apply oil to hands when making noodles balls.
- Make a thin layer of noodles.
- Make nice golden and crispy noodles on medium flame.