Vegetarian Thai Yellow Curry
Thai Yellow Curry is a vegetarian curry that is cooked without oil. This vegetarian curry recipe is from Thai cuisine. The curry is loaded with vegetables that are healthy and nutritious.
If you are a mom to a kid, I am sure you must have been chasing your kid quite a few times with vegetable dishes. This somehow becomes a routine for every mom because kids hate eating vegetables. No matter what you cook they simply love to skip the vegetable part.
Today I will be sharing a yummy Thai curry recipe with you, which is packed with vegetables and has all the necessary nutrition. It is so delicious that even your kid will not have any complaints.
More About Veg thai yellow curry
I am a food enthusiast and love experimenting with different cuisines and I was going through some Thai recipes and came to know that most Thai recipes are oil-free and flavored using natural herbs. I was very excited to explore more of Thai cuisine in vegetarian dishes.
Then I came across this yummy creamy Thai curry that you can serve with normal steamed rice or even breads and chapatis. The recipe is completely oil free so this is again good news. You can also serve it to people who are controlling their cholesterol level.
So, the next time you are worried that your kid is not eating nutritious vegetables you know what dish to cook. The recipe is super easy. You need vegetables and natural dry spices to make the Thai powder that will flavor this recipe.
Video Presentation of Vegetarian thai yellow curry recipe
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other curry recipes in this blog:
Step by Step photo guide of how to make veg Thai Yellow curry
Making of Thai curry Powder
Make Curry powder by adding below items
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 bay leaf (remove lower stem)
2 tbs coriander (whole or ground)
2 tbsp Cumin (whole or ground)
2 tbsp Ginger
1 tbsp white pepper
3 tablespoons chili flakes
(or red chili depending on how spicy you want it)
1 clove (whole or pinch)
Making of Thai curry
Take a pan and add coconut milk.
To it add some vegetable broth. Stir to mix t and then boil for 2 minutes.
After the milk and broth is heated add the boiled vegetables.
Stir everything well and let is simmer for a few minutes.
Now add the turmeric powder to it.
Add some ginger to the broth now.
Now add the curry powder.
Add some chilli sauce to it.
Stir everything well to mix it nicely. Add few cubes of paneer to the mixture.
Add some salt as per taste and boil the curry.
You creamy delicious vegetarian Thai curry is ready to serve.
Vegetarian Thai yellow curry recipe card
- For Thai curry:
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Vegetable broth 1 cup
- Mix vegetable big chunk 1 and a half cup
- Paneer 8 to 10 pieces
- Ginger 1 tbsp grated
- Garlic 3 to 4 grated
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Curry powder 2 tsp
- Chilli sauce 3 tbs
- Salt as per taste
- For Thai curry powder:
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 bay leaf remove lower stem
- 2 tbs coriander whole or ground
- 2 tbsp Cumin whole or ground
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili flakes
- or red chili depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 clove whole or pinch
- Take a pan and add coconut milk.
- To it add some vegetable broth. Stir to mix t and then boil for 2 minutes.
- After the milk and broth are heated add the boiled vegetables.
- Stir everything well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder to it.
- Add some ginger to the broth now.
- Now add the curry powder.
- Add some chili sauce to it.
- Stir everything well to mix it nicely.
- Add a few cubes of paneer to the mixture.
- Add some salt as per taste and boil the curry.
- You creamy delicious vegetarian Thai curry is ready to serve.