Veg Kurma or Veg korma recipe
Veg kurma is a curry dish famous in India also in Central countries, and it’s known as vegetable kurma or vegetable curry. There are many versions of the veg korma recipe and I am making it without onion and garlic and with basic spices.
This Veg kurma is cooked with healthy vegetables which makes it very healthy and tasty. This recipe is healthy and nutritious. Serve with some soft chapatis and you have a satisfying meal.
More about Veg Korma recipe
Eating a vegetable is a good habit, but making the same vegetable daily is also boringEvery Monday we are fasting on that day I want to make curry without onion and garlic.
Also, I want to make some gravy curry. I like to make veg korma as it’s taste is nice. We can make it spicy or we can make it creamy it’s totally up to us how we want to cook. There are so many versions of veg korma this is my version of veg korma. Without onion garlic and with basic spices.
In veg korma, any vegetables are fine whichever vegetables you want to eat add in this curry. For fast cooking of vegetables cook korma in a pressure cooker it taste better . Veg korma can make with milk or without milk also, and Instead of milk, you can add coconut milk or just water is also fine.
This curry is perfect for every family meal as you can change it according to your taste buds.
Video presentation of Veg Kurma recipe
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other curry recipes in this blog:
Step by Step guide of how to make veg korma recipe
In a pan on medium heat add oil
Once oil is hot add cumin seeds
Next, add tomatoes .
Cook tomatoes until they are soft .
Next add cashew nut paste .
And cook for another two minutes .
Now add chili powder .
Add turmeric powder.
Next, add coriander powder
Add cumin powder .
Mix all spices together cook for couple of minutes
Add Coriander leaves
Now in a pan add mixed vegetable .
Add some green peas.
Saute vegetable for two to three minutes.
Add some water.
Cook vegetables until they get soft.
Next, add milk in the curry.
Next, add salt mix well.
Now ,add cream .
Lastly add coriander leaves.
Cook for three to four minutes.
Veg korma is ready .
Enjoy veg korma with chapati or rice .
Veg Kurma Recipe card
- Oil 3 tbs
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 1/2 cup
- Cashew nut paste 2 tbs
- Milk 2-3 tbs
- Cream 2 tbs
- Chilli powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Mix vegetable 2 cups Potato, Carrot, french beans, cauliflower, capsicum
- Green peas 1/2 cup fresh or frozen
- Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
- In a pan on medium heat add oil
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds
- Next, add tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes until they are soft.
- Next, add cashew nut paste.
- And cook for another two minutes.
- Add chili powder.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Next, add coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix all spices together cook for a couple of minutes
- Now in a pan add mixed vegetables.
- And, green peas.
- Saute vegetables for two to three minutes.
- Add water.
- Cook vegetables until they get soft.
- Next, add milk in the curry.
- Next, add salt mix well.
- Now, add cream.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves.
- Cook for three to four minutes.
- Veg korma is ready.
- Enjoy veg korma with chapati or rice.
2. Instead of milk add coconut milk.
3. Instead of cashew nut add peanut paste.