Indian cuisines are full of spices. Our Indulgent Curries and gravies are commendable with the combination of Indian Spices. Bharwa Baingan recipe is one of those Indian delicacies that forces Baingan-haters into Baingan-Lovers. It is a great dish with heavenly flavors of aromatic spices.
The art of frying and, roasting takes it to another level in taste. Don’t believe us? Try our healthy and mouthwatering recipe of Bharwa Baingan which is fully packed with the exotic taste of Indian Spices
From childhood, we eat Bharara baingan. But after my marriage, my mother-in-law tastes her style of bharwa baingan and I loved with it is super easy without onion garlic. Stuffing is very easy to make and there is no cooking for stuffing within one minute you can make stuffing and within half-hour tasty bharwa baingan is ready. A small amount of jaggery gives a special taste to bharwa baingan and if you like you can add saluted onion garlic paste in stuffing but takes extra efforts.
More about Bharwa Baingan recipe
This dish is very simple and common to hear in North-India but, it is enriched with a luscious mixture of Indian spices. It is a famous spicy cuisine of Maharashtra which is served on special occasions. Most of the spices which are used in Stuffing of Bharwa Baingan are similar to the spices of Pickle and, that’s why it also is known as Aachari Baingan. In its stuffing desiccated coconut is also used, which gives an aroma of taste in it and makes it a favorite of everyone.
More importantly, why I like this recipe mostly because it is full of nutrients and totally gluten-free so you can say it is a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients. What a great combination, RIGHT? TASTE with HEALTH. You can try this recipe for your kids for their good nutritional growth.
I will show you very easy and quick way to make this mouth-watering main course recipe.
Video presentation of Eggplant curry recipe
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other recipes here:
Thai green curry
Step by Step photo guide of how to make Bharwa baingan recipe.
Add All the Ingredients-Peanut Powder, Desiccated coconut, Sesame Seed Powder, Cumin-Coriander Powder, Turmeric, Chili Powder, Jaggery, Ginger Chili Paste, Coriander, Salt and Oil to the bowl for stuffing and mix well.
Take 5-7 Baingan and slit them from two sides as shown in the picture.
Then soak them into salt water after that stuff baingan properly with stuffing.
Heat the pan and add oil to it.
Add Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida,
Now Add Dry Chili, Red Chili, Turmeric to the oil and sauté it for 1 minute
Add Baingan One by one into pan and cook and sauté them for two minutes
Now Add two cups of water into pan and let water boil and cook the until they get soft.
After boiling it, garnish it with Coriander Leaves.
Your Bharwa baingan ready
ENJOY EXTRA FLAVORED BHARWA BAIGAN WITH NAAN, ROTI, OR RICE- AS PER YOUR CHOICE.
Bharwa baingan recipe card
Ingredients For Stuffing
- 3 tbs Peanut Powder
- 2 tbs Desiccated Powder
- 2 tbs Sesame Seed Powder
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1/2 tbs Jaggery
- 2 tbs Cumin Powder
- 2 tbs Coriander Powder
- 1 tbs Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tbs Turmeric
- 1 tbs Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1 tbs Coriander Leaves
- Salt as per taste
Ingredients for Grave
- 7 Brinjals Small
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Asafetida a pinch
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seed
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seed
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 3 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl add all the spices and ingredients with the measurements mentioned above-
- Peanut Powder, Desiccated coconut, Sesame Seed Powder, Cumin-Coriander Powder, Turmeric, Chili Powder, Jaggery, Ginger Chili Paste, Coriander, Salt and Oil. Mix them well.
- After Mixing it – Stuffing is ready.
- 1.Take 6-7 Baingan and slit them into four parts with keeping the stem intact and soak them in salted water.
- Stuff Baingan properly with stuffing (KEEP STUFFING INTACT).
- Heat the Pan and add Oil to it. Add Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, Dry Chilli, Red Chilli, Turmeric.
- Saute all the spices well and then add Baingan to the pan one by one.
- Saute them for two minutes and then 2 cups of water to it along with salt.
- Cook them until they get soften. If needed add more water. Let the gravy boil.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. Your rich and dense Bharwa Baingan gravy Is ready.
- Slit Baingan Carefully, so that it will not divide separately into parts during cooking.
- Stuff Baingan properly for a perfect taste.
- Always try to keep gravy a little thin, because after cooling down it will become thick and dense.
- ENJOY EXTRA FLAVORED BHARWA BAIGAN WITH NAAN, ROTI, OR RICE- AS PER YOUR CHOICE.