Special Shegaon Kachori Recipe
Shegaon is very famous for Sant Gajanan Maharaj nowadays, it also a famous special shegaon kachori. Shegaon kachori is very famous for its unique taste, it made up of maida, besan, peas. This Kachori looks different than any other kachoris, it has special lots of puffed up.
Kachoris is fry breakfast and it’s very famous all over India. Some kachoris are Shahi kachoris like having almond, Kaju, pista inside which gives rich taste and healthy with nutritions.
More about Shegaon Kachori
During my childhood, I always Visited Sheagon once in a month. Whenever we visited Sheagon to take Sant Gajanan Maharaj darshan, we had Shegaon kachori at the railway station.
If you are traveling from Pune to Nagpur or Mumbai to Nagpur, you come across this station in-between “Shegaon”, in the station, you will get this famous shegaon kachori.
Now I am staying outside India, I always miss shegaon kachoris. This recipe is an authentic recipe of Shegaon kachori, which I learned from my friends mother who is from proper Shegaon.
Video Presentation of Shegaon kachori
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other Breakfast recipes in this blog:
Schezwan fried rice , Chocolate lava cake , Palak Vadi recipe.
Step by Step Guide of How to make Shegaon kachori at home
In a bowl add plain flour
Add wheat flour and oil .
Next add salt
Now,add water slowly and make a hard dough , let dough rest for 20 minutes
In a pan on medium heat add oil in a pan
Add ginger garlic paste saute it.
Next, add green chilli paste and cook for two minutes.
Add amchur powder , fennel powder
Next , add coriander powder and cumin powder and Saute spices.
Now , add besan in pan , and saute until nice aroma comes.
Now add coriander leaves and mix well.
Add Salt now
Slowly add one tablespoon of water and mix well.
Cook for three to four minutes. Slowly add water make a dough.
Let masala cool down.Now make small size balls of masala.
Start rolling kachori.
Take lemon size dough roll it on rolling pin and roll 3 inch Puri.
Add masala ball and fold it at center
Take out extra dough.
Now in pan om medium heat add oil , Let oil becomes hot.
Fry kachori in pan with gas flame medium
Fry from both sides.
In the same way fry all kachories.
Final fried Kachori
Lastly, fry green chili
Sprinkle some salt on green chili.
Enjoy hot shegaon kachories with green chill.
Homemade Shegaon Kachori recipe card
Shegaon Kachori recipe | Special Shegaon kachori
- Rolling pan
- Plain flour 2 cup
- Wheat flour 2 tbs
- Oil 2 tbs
- Oil for frying
For kachori masala
- Oil 1 tbs
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbs
- Green chili paste 2 tbs
- Amchur powder 2 tsp
- Fennel powder 1/2 tbs
- Cumin powder 1/2 tbs
- Coriander powder 1 tbs
- Besan / Chickpea flour 1 cup
- Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
- Water 2-3 tbs
- In a bowl add the plain flour.
- Add wheat flour and oil.
- Next, ad salt.
- Mix well.
- Now, add water slowly and make a hard dough.
- Let dough rest for 20 minutes.
- In a pan on medium heat add oil in a pan
- Add ginger garlic paste saute it.
- Next, add green chili paste and cook for two minutes.
- Add amchur powder, fennel powder
- Next, add coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Saute spices.
- Now, add besan in the pan .
- Saute until nice aroma comes.
- Now add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Slowly add one tablespoon of water and mix well.
- Slowly add water make a dough.
- Cook for three to four minutes.
- Let masala cool down.
- Now make small size balls of masala.
- Start rolling kachori.
- Take lemon size dough roll it on the rolling pin.
- Roll 3 inch, Puri.
- Add masala ball and fold it at center
- Take out the extra dough.
- Roll kachori.
- Now in pan on medium heat add oil
- Let oil becomes hot.
- Fry kachori in pan
- Fry from both sides.
- In the same way, fry all kachoris.
- Lastly, fry green chili
- Sprinkle some salt on green chili.
- Enjoy hot shegaon kachoris with green chili.
- Shegaon kachori is flat kachori
- Shegaon kachori has lots of puffed up.
- It takes almost 3-4 minutes to fry this kachori.