Looking for a scrumptious yet healthy cake recipe? Try making a soft and spongy Ragi cake! This vegan and gluten-free cake is made with millet and coconut oil, which adds richness to its taste. If you have a sweet tooth, this easy-to-make Millet cake is perfect for satisfying your daily dessert cravings. Plus, it’s an eggless and low-calorie cake, making it a great choice for your Mother’s Day celebration.
Lately, I am inclined towards healthier recipes that do not contain white sugar. Millets have become my go-to ingredients for daily meals as there are various types of millets available. With Mother’s Day approaching, I decided to make a healthy cake at home before my family brings one from outside. Today, I used finger millet to create a healthy cake recipe. Although chocolate cake is a popular choice, I opted for a healthy version and made a Chocolate Ragi cake.
For mothers who prioritize a healthy lifestyle and are mindful of their health, vegan ragi cake is an excellent choice. This eggless cake can be easily made in an hour and makes for a lovely gesture to surprise your mother with.
This recipe for a Healthy Ragi Millet Cake utilizes readily available ingredients commonly found in most households. The main ingredient is Finger Millet, known as Ragi in Hindi and Nachni in Marathi, which boasts a small, red-brown hue and is a rich source of protein and calcium. To ensure the chocolate ragi cake maintains its healthy properties, I have omitted wheat flour from the recipe.
For those who follow a vegan lifestyle, Almond milk is a great option as a plant-based milk ingredient. It is rich in Vitamin E.
I chose to use Jaggery instead of white sugar for a healthier option when baking my cake in chocolate flavor. The combination of ragi and chocolate is absolutely delicious.
Other Ingredient Used
One can use baking powder and baking soda to help their cake rise.
Coconut oil is a Vegan substitute that makes the cake less dense.
Vanilla essence to enhance flavor.
Finger millet flour
Health Benefits of Healthy Ragi Cake
Discover the amazing health benefits of Ragi Cake with our latest blog post! From improving digestion to boosting energy levels, we’ve rounded up 10 reasons why you should incorporate this delicious and nutritious cake into your diet. Don’t miss out on this tasty and healthy treat!
- Rich in Nutrients
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Improves Digestion
- Boosts Energy Levels
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Good for Bone Health
- Easy to Make
- Delicious and Nutritious
Video Presentation of Chocolate Ragi Cake
Please Subscribe to our Youtube Channel, VaamCooking, for simple, easy, and delicious recipes.
You may also like to visit our other Cookies recipes. Thanks for visiting our blog. We are happy to hear from you; if you like our recipe, please rate and comment. If you tried this recipe, please share your version.
More Ragi Healthy recipes
Eggless Healthy Ragi Cake
Healthy Ragi Dosa
Healthy Ragi Banana Cake
Eggless Healthy Ragi Bread
Healthy Eggless Ragi Chocolate cake
A step-by-step guide to ragi cake
1. Roast ragi flour for 5-6 minutes.
2. In a bowl, take almond milk.
3. Add vinegar and mix it.
4. Add coconut oil and mix well.
5. Add jaggery and dissolve completely.
6. Wet ingredients are ready.
7. Now add roasted ragi flour.
8. Add cocoa powder.
9. Add baking powder and baking soda.
10. Mix well.
11. Add vanilla essence and chopped cashew nut.
12. Mix well. The cake batter is ready.
13. Now in a 6-inch cake batter spread chopped cashew nuts.
14. Pour ragi chocolate cake batter.
15. Spread cashew nuts.
16. In a preheated oven, bake a cake.
17. Bake until the toothpick is clear.
18. Ragi cake is ready.
19. Cool down the cake completely.
Recipe Card of Eggless Ragi chocolate cake
- 1 Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Baking Spatula
- 1 oven
- 1 Cake tin 6 Inch Tin
- 1 Rack
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour Finger Millet Flour
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Roast ragi flour for 5-6 minutes.
- In a bowl, take almond milk.
- Add vinegar and mix it.
- Add coconut oil mix well.
- Add jaggery and dissolve completely.
- Wet ingredients are ready.
- Now add roasted ragi flour.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Add baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and chopped cashew nut.
- Mix well. Cake batter is ready.
- Now in 6 inch cake batter spread chopped cashew nuts.
- Pour ragi chocolate cake batter.
- Spread cashew nuts.
- In preheated oven, bake cake.
- Bake until toothpick is clear.
- Ragi cake is ready.
- Cool down cake completely.
- Roast ragi flour nicely.
- Preheat oven for 180 degree celcius.
- Bake cake at 180 degree celcius.
- Baking time 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool down cake completely.