Malai kofta recipe in white gravy
In India, there are so many varieties of curry that’s we eat every day. Curry is important is our daily meal. On special occasions or mainly whenever we visited any restaurant Malai kofta is the first order we place on our menu. Malai kofta is soft paneer balls with gravy. There are two types of malai kofta white gravy. One sweet malai kofta and another regular red gravy one. White gravy sweet malai kofta is famous.
More about Malai kofta recipe
My favorite is white gravy one full to creamy and soft paneer balls and gravy made from cashew nut and cream. I always make semi-sweet gravy. Kofta is made from paneer and khoya. Instead of khoya, you can use boiled potato. In making kofta mashing paneer and khoya is important to step.
In the making of gravy, you can use onion paste also, but I prefer to use cashew nut paste as it enhances the flavor and also texture if gravy. If you like more sweet gravy add more sugar and less green chili. I always prefer less sweet gravy so I added more green chili.
Enjoy malai kofta with naan or roti.
Video presentation of Malai Kofta recipe
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other curry recipes in this blog:
Amritsari chole recipe
Thai green curry
Methi Mutter Malai
Step by Step photo guide of the recipe for malai kofta in white gravy
In a big bowl add paneer.
Next, add khoya mix well.
Add corn flour.
Add green chilli, black pepper and salt .
Mash well for 5 minutes.
Make a soft dough. Kofta dough is ready.
In a small bowl add cashew nut and raisins mix it.
Stuffing is ready keep it aside.
Now ,take a lemon size kofta dough.
Make a hole in that and add stuffing in side.
Bring dough in Central and make a nice ball.
Same way make all kofta ball.
Now , in a pan add oil on low flame.
When oil is medium hot ,fry kofta.
Fry kofta until kofta becomes light golden in colour.
Fry all kofta in same way.
In a big pan on medium heat add oil.
Once oil is hot add
add ginger garlic paste. Saute ginger and garlic.
Next, add cashew nut paste.
Saute cashew nut paste for 2-3 minutes.
Next, add green chilli and mix it.
Add curd in cashew nut paste.
Next , add cream in the gravy cook cream nicely for 2-3 minutes.
Add water and mix well.
Add sugar and salt mix well.
Lastly, add Kasuri methi and Coriander leaves.
Cook for 2 more minutes.Malai kofta with gravy is ready.
Enjoy malai kofta with chapati or naan.
Notes / Tips about malai kofta recipe
Cashew nut paste – In a pot take 1/4 cup of cashew nut soak them for half-hour and blend in a blender.
More sweet curry adds more sugar. Instead of khoya add boiled potato.
Mash kofta dough nicely.
Malai kofta recipe in the white gravy recipe card
- Paneer 1/2 cup
- Khoya 1/2 cup
- Corn flour 1/2 cup
- Green chili 1
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut 1 tbs
- Raisins 1 tbs
- Oil 2 tbs
- Spices (Black Cardamon 1 Green
- cardamom 5-7 clove 7-8, Bay leaf 1 )
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbs
- Green chili 1 tbs
- Cashew nut paste 1/2 cup
- Curd 1/2 cup
- Cream 1 cup
- Coriander leaves 2 tbs
- Dryfruit chopped 1 tbs
- Kasuri methi 1 tsp
Kofta recipe –
- In a big bowl add paneer.
- Next, add khoya mix well
- Add cornflour
- Add green chili, black pepper, and salt.
- Mash well for 5 minutes
- Make a soft dough.
- Kofta dough is ready.
- In a small bowl add cashew nut and raisins mix it.
- Stuffing is ready to keep it aside.
- Now, take a lemon size kofta dough
- Make a hole in that and add stuffing inside.
- Bring dough in Central and make a nice ball.
- Same way make all kofta ball.
- Now, in a pan add oil on low flame.
- When the oil is medium hot fry kofta.
- Fry kofta until kofta becomes light golden in color.
- Fry all kofta in the same way.
Gravy recipe –
- In a big pan on medium heat add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute ginger and garlic.
- Next, add cashew nut paste.
- Saute cashew nut paste for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add green chili and mix it.
- Add curd in cashew nut paste.
- Stir continuously.
- Next, add cream in the gravy cook cream nicely for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and mix well.
- Add sugar and salt mix well.
- Lastly, add Kasuri methi and Coriander leaves.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Malai kofta with gravy is ready.
- Enjoy malai kofta with chapati or naan.
- Cashew nut paste – In a pot take 1/4 cup of cashew nut soak them for half-hour and blend in a blender.
- More sweet curry adds more sugar.
- Instead of khoya add boiled potato.
- Mash kofta dough nicely for malai kofta in white gravy.