Coleslaw Salad recipe is a famous salad recipe and perfect side dish for Barbecue and wrap. Another name of coleslaw is coleslaw salad, coleslaw or slaw, or simply cabbage salad.
What is coleslaw ?
Coleslaw is the most famous side dish all over the world. Coleslaw is a cabbage Low calories side dish for every barbecue and wrap. Salads are best for weight loss and better health of the digestive system in all salad recipes coleslaw is a simple and quick recipe.
The coleslaw was first time made in Netherland. All KFC restaurants added coleslaw to their menu.
Coleslaw word comes from Dutch Cole means koolsla means cabbage salad. Slaw means all vegetables salad. The main ingredient of coleslaw is cabbage green cabbage or purple cabbage or red cabbage.
Country and Coleslaw names
Every country have a different style is coleslaw recipe like –
Germany, it is called Krutsalad made from cabbage and vinegar.
In Russia, cabbage salad is called Kapusta provencal made from cabbage and sunflower oil.
Italy’s salad name is Insalata capriccioso made from cabbage cooked in pepper.
Coleslaw salad dressing
In making any salad recipe it is important to make the perfect dressing. Blend of spices and oils enhance the taste of the salad. For preparing Coleslaw dressing mainly vinegar dressing or mayonnaise dressing is a very common dressing. American food mayonnaise dressing is more famous than vinegar dressing.
I personally prefer Vinegar dressing is best. As vinegar dressing is quick and vegan dressing.
Benefits of Cabbage
Cabbage is a green, red or purple color vegetable. The nutritional value of green cabbage, and red or purple cabbage is low in calories and rich in protein also a rich source of Vitamin C, B6, and K . There are many benefits of adding cabbage to your regular diet.
All cabbages are good for digestion and also good for heart health. These Low calories vegetables strengthen bones, teeth and improve eye health.
People always compare red and green cabbage. And thinks it’s just the color difference in these two cabbages. But red cabbage is having ten times more Vitamin C than green cabbage. Red cabbage is a more healthy cabbage.
Video Presentation of Coleslaw salad
For more easy recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
Also like to visit our other recipes
- How to make Healthy Chickpea Salad recipe for weight loss
- Sautéed asparagus | How to cook asparagus in a pan | Sautéed garlic asparagus
- Oreo Mcflurry recipe | Homemade Oreo Mcflurry | McDonald’s Oreo Mcflurry Recipe | Homemade McDonald’s Oreo Mcflurry
- Chocolate lava cake recipe |Eggless Choco lava cake
Step by step recipe of Coleslaw
In a small bowl take vinegar.
Add , olive oil and honey .
Next , add black pepper powder and salt .
Mix all ingredients together.
Vinegar salad dressing is ready.
Now slice finely green cabbage .
Next , slice finely red cabbage.
And , juvenile carrot .
Chop fine green chilies.
Add vinegar salad dressing in sliced vegetable.
Lastly, add sesame seed .
Mix all together vegetables and salad dressing.
Fresh coleslaw is ready to serve.
Coleslaw recipe card
- Big bowl
- Small bowl
- 1 Red cabbage
- 1 Green cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 1-2 Green Chili
- 1 tbsp Sesame seed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a small bowl take vinegar.
- Add , olive oil and honey .
- Next , add black pepper powder and salt .
- Finally mix all together.
- Vinegar salad dressing is ready.
- Now slice finely green cabbage .
- Next , slice finely red cabbage.
- And , juvenile carrot .
- Chop fine green chilies.
- Add vinegar salad dressing in sliced vegetable.
- Then , add sesame seed .
- Mix all together vegetables and salad dressing.
- Fresh coleslaw is ready to serve.
- Instead of vinegar dressing use Mayonnaise dressing.
- Add any vegetables of your choice.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 days.