Evening Time, Snack Time- What to serve to your kids? Are you sick of thinking about what to make healthy for your kids for an evening snack? Don’t worry we have a very simple, easy to make and healthy recipe for your evening snack. Coriander Leaves roll also known as Kothimbir Vadi, which is a very famous Savory of Maharashtra. Coriander leaves are such a great ingredient as it is a taste enhancer of each and every Indian Dish. Whether its main course or starter or snacks- every dish is incomplete without these green luscious aromatic leaves. From curries to soup to beverages everywhere it spreads its magic of flavor.
This versatile herb is widely used for garnishing but guess what, we are going to make a luscious evening snack with this globally famous and versatile herb Coriander.
It is a easy to cook snack with lots of nutrition and aroma of spices.
More about coriander rolls recipe
Think- If only garnishing of coriander leaves can bring magic to the flavor of a dish then there will be a blast of taste when coriander leaves itself become a dish with the combination of Indian spices. Along with Coriander leaves, we are using one more crucial ingredient Chickpea flour- which is again healthy and most famous ingredient. Kothimbir Vadi is going to be a very delicious savory for your kids. This recipe is totally healthy and nutritious and complimented with tamarind chutney.
I also add peanut powder and sesame powder to make it more favorable and healthy.
You can enjoy this healthy snack with sauce along with hot tea and coffee. Imagine enjoying this Kothimbir Vadi on a rainy evening with your family. Isn’t it beautiful?
Lets start this recipe.
Video presentation of Kothimbir vadi recipe
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other recipes here:
Step by Step photo guide of how to make Kothimbir Vadi
1.Add all the ingredients into a bowl -Besan, Wheat Flour, Turmeric, Cumin Powder, Oil, Salt, and Chilli Powder.
2.Add water to the mixture for kneading flour into dough and Knead Dough for 5 minutes and let it rest for half an hour
3.Heat the Pan and add oil to it
4.Add Red Chili, Cumin, Chat Masala, Desiccated Coconut, Amchur powder
5. Now add Sesame Powder, Peanut Powder
6. Now mix them well on low flame for half a minute then Add Pistachios and Coriander Leaves along Salt and mix it well.
7. Stuffing is ready
6. Make Lemon Size Balls of Dough and roll them into Chapatti style. (4 inch chapatti)
7. Apply Tamarind Chutney layer over one side of rolled chapatti.
8. Place Stuffing over chapatti and roll it and close the roll from both sides
9. Heat the oil in a pan for frying and Add rolls one by one into the pan and Fry them properly from both sides.
10. Your Healthy and delicious Rolls are ready
Kothimbir stuff rolls recipe card
Ingredients For Dough
- Make 10-12 Rolls
- ½ Cup Of Chick Pea Flour
- ½ Cup Of Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp of Chili Powder
- Oil For Frying
- ¼ tbsp of Turmeric
- 1 tbsp of Cumin Powder
- Salt as per taste
Ingredients for Stuffing
- ½ Cup Of Coriander Leaves
- 3 tbsp of Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Powder
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Powder
- 1 tbsp of Amchur Powder
- 1 tbsp of Chat Masala
- 1 tbsp Of Chili
- 2 tbsp Of Raisins
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 3-4 tbsp Of Tamarind Chutney
- ¼ Tbsp Of Turmeric
- 1 tbsp of Cumin Powder
- Salt as per taste
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl -Besan, Wheat Flour, Turmeric, Cumin Powder, Oil, Salt, and Chilli Powder.
- Add water to the mixture for kneading flour into the dough.
- Knead Dough for 5 minutes and let it rest for half an hour.
- Heat the Pan and add oil to it.
- Add Red Chili, Cumin, Chat Masala, Desiccated Coconut, Sesame Powder, Peanut Powder, and mix them well on low flame for half a minute.
- Add Pistachios and Coriander Leaves along with Salt and mix it well- Stuffing is ready.
- Make Lemon Size Balls of Dough and roll them into the Chapatti style. (4-inch chapatti)
- Apply Tamarind Chutney layer over one side of the rolled chapatti.
- Place Stuffing over chapatti and roll it and close the roll from both sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan for frying.
- Add rolls one by one into the pan and Fry them properly from both sides till they get golden brown to get the extra flavor in your rolls.
- Your extra tasty and healthy Coriander Leaves Rolls are ready- Enjoy them with Sauce as an evening snack with hot piping tea or coffee.
- Knead Dough Properly and add limited water to flour to make the dough a little bit hard.
- Try to keep stuffing Intact.
- Don’t roll chapatti too thin to prevent from turning.
- Close Roll from both sides properly to prevent stuffing from coming out in oil.