One Pot Moong Dal Tadka
Moong ki khatti meethi dal is quick one pot pressure cooked recipe. Heathy option for Indian peoples daily food habitat.
As Indian Maharashtrian family daal is in our blood. We eat lentils in our lunch and dinner. Our meals are incomplete without daal chawal. Everyday we are eating varieties of dhal recipe. Moong, toor, urad, and masoor dal are the most common dal recipe we cook in our daily life.
Eating moong bean is good for health. Moong dal in english called as Green gram split in rich in Protein 100 gm of mung dhal give 6% of protein. Mung beans are rich source of Vitamin E, C, and K.
Moong ki khatti meethi dal is my sons favourite dal recipe as taste of this dal is so nice sour and sweet is the best combination. Green gram can be eaten in lunch or dinner as it is easily digest.
Ingredients Of Moong Dhal Tadka
Main ingredients of this recipe is Green gram split which is healthier option to complete daily protein intake level and easy to digest. Other ingredients are very basic like onion, tomatoes, oil and basic spices. To give sweet and sour taste to dhal I added tamarind pulp and jaggery.
Mung dhal tadka is one pot recipe cooked within 15 minutes of time in pressure cooker.
Video Presentation Of Moong Ki Khatti Meethi Dal
For more easy recipe please visit our Youtube channel VAAM COOKING
Some other recipes from VAAM COOKING
Step By Step Photo Guide
In a pressure cooker pour oil.
Once oil is hot add mustard seed followed by cumin seed.
Next, add finely chopped garlic in cooker and saute garlic.
After garlic saute finely chopped onion in oil.
Add tomatoes in cooker and cook them until mushy.
Now, add chili powder, turmeric and mix well.
Next, add washed moong dal and mix well.
Next, add water, salt and garam masala.Mix well.
Close cooker lid and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
Once cooker is cool down open lid and mash dal nicely with help of masher.
Adjust consistency of dal by adding water.
Then add tamarind pulp and jaggery and mix well.
Boil nicely dal and lastly add chopped coriander.
Dal is ready for serving.
Moong Ki Khatti Meethi Dal Recipe Card
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed
- 3 tbsp Garlic
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 cup Moong dal
- 2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 tsp Jaggery
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Ghee 1
- Pour oil in pressure cooker.
- Once oil is hot add mustard seed followed by cumin seed.
- Next, add finely chopped garlic in cooker and saute garlic.
- After garlic saute finely chopped onion in oil.
- Once onion are translucent cooked chopped tomotoes.
- Now, add chili powder, turmeric and mix well.
- Then, add washed moong dal and mix well.
- Next, add water, salt and garam masala.Mix well.
- Close lid of the cooker and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooker is cool down open lid and mash dal nicely with help of masher.
- Adjust consistency of dal by adding water.
- Then add tamarind pulp and jaggery and mix well.
- Boil nicely dal and lastly add chopped coriander.
- Moong khatti meethi dal is ready for serving.
- Serve dal with chapati or rice.
- while serving pour some ghee and garnish with coriander leaves.