Roasted gram modak recipe
Modak a word is enough to explain all love for Lord Ganesha. Everyone knows that Ganesha loves modak. Roasted gram modak is an easy modak made from roasted gram and jaggery and this modak is also known as pottukadalai modak. To make this modak no need for cooking or steaming.
More about roasted gram modak recipe
Ganesh festival is there and I am making daily bhog for Lord Ganesha. Every year making the same flavor modak is quite boring, so I was searching for new modak I saw many modak posts, and all while searing I stuck on one word maladu easy ladoo recipe made from the roasted gram. Maladu is instant ladoo so I decided to make a new modak recipe and make modak from the roasted gram.
Roasted gram modak is an easy modak made in 5 minutes. The main ingredients for modak are roasted gram, jaggery, and ghee. Just grind and mix make a mold that’s it. I make modak and give it my family all are happy they said its yummy.
Video Presentation of Instant Roasted Modak Recipe
For more easy cake recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other cake recipes in this blog:
Step by step photo guide for how to make instant roasted from modak
In a mixture pot add roasted gram dhall
Grind in mixture make a fine powder
Sieve dhall in a pot .
Now in mixture pot add jaggery
In a same pot add almond , cashew nut.
Grind all jaggery , almond , and cashew nut . Make a fine powder .
Add jaggery mixture in dhall powder and mix it together.
Now Add ghee in mixture .
Add cardamom powder and mix well
Now take a modak mold and apply ghee on modak mold
Keep modak mixture in modak mold
Close mold tightly and open mold.
Nice instant roasted gram modak are ready
Make all modak in same manner
Roasted gram modak recipe card
- 1 cup fried gram or Dhall
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 10 Almond
- 10 Cashew nut
- Pinch of Cardamom powder a pinch
- In a mixture, pot takes a roasted gram.
- Grind dhall and make a fine powder.
- Sieve dhall make a fine powder.
- Keep it aside.
- In the same mixture, pot adds jaggery.
- Add almond and cashew nut.
- Grind and make a fine powder.
- Now, mix jaggery in dhall mixture.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder mix well.
- Now, take a modak mold.
- Keep some dhall mixture in the mold and close mold.
- Now press mold nicely and open it.
- Roasted gram modak is ready.
- The same way makes all modak.
- Instead of jaggery use brown sugar or white sugar.
- If modak are not holding shape add 1 tbs of ghee