When you think about Mumbai style- street food- Masala Pav is always at the top. It is having a special place in the hearts of every Street-Food Lover. Masala Pav is an emotion. Masala Pav is an amalgamation of veggies cooked in oodles of butter and toasted with a tempting buttery white soft bun. It is a mouth-watering combination of spicy, buttery veggies with a delightful soft bun that is loved by Every-age group.
You can enjoy this street-style savory at home without any hassle with our extra easy recipe. This Masala Pav requires just handful of ingredients and little of techniques.
More About Mumbai style masala Pav recipe
Pav is the most crucial part of Marathi Food Culture. A spicy and crunchy mixture of Tawa-fried vegetables with a tadka of spices. Soaked and drooled in Butter Pav will give you a lip-smacking taste with veggies. It is an authentic and divine street-style less effort dish for your family. Mixed vegetables are simply sauteed and mashed vegetables with the twist of spices and lots and lots of butter.
A garnish of chopped onions and tangy sour lemon complement its taste into perfect street style Masala Pav.
Perfect savory for your lazy Sundays or evenings. Want to bring smile on your kid’s face during evening snack time – then just cut the vegetables , mash them and twist them with extra butter and spices. Slit the Pav from middle and soak it into veggies and just ENJOY!
Let’s start making this mouth watering combination of extra buttery spicy veggies and bun.
Video Presentation of Masala Pav recipe
For more easy curry recipes you can visit our YouTube channel VAAM COOKING
You can also check out other recipes here:
Step by Step photo guide of how to make Mumbai style Masala Pav recipe
1.Heat Tawa and add clarified rich butter to it to give a toast to veggies.
2.Add Ginger –Garlic pate.
3.Now for spicy masala add chili paste.
4.Saute them nicely and add Onion to it.
5.Saute all the ingredients nicely.
6.Add on Finely Chopped Tomatoes.
7.For crunch add chopped carrots.
8.Put some Capsicum for nice flavor and smell.
9.Time for spices-Add chili powder.
10.Then add Cumin Powder.
11.Turmeric for nice texture.
12.Now for Pav Bhaji Flavor add classical Pav Bhaji Masala.
13.For tanginess add Chat Masala.
14.At last Put in Salt to the mixture of veggies.
15.Toss and mash the veggies and spices properly to enhance to combine all the flavors.
16.After mashing, Garnish it with luscious aromatic coriander leaves and mix it.
17.Now time for Pav- Put butter on the tawa.
18.Cut Pav From middle and heat it over butter.
19.Spread masala over pav and close the pav.
20.Now heat the pav on tawa and put some masala on both sides of pav to make it more tasty.
21.For cheesy Pav – Put a slice of Cheese in the centre of Pav.
22.For tangy and street side twist – Sprinkle little bit of lemon juice along with coriander leaves.
Mash all the veggies properly.
You can add extra butter to Pav Masala for extra creaminess.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Green Chili Paste
- ½ Cup Onion
- ½ Cup Tomato
- 3 tbsp Capsicum
- 3 tbsp Carrot
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chat Masala
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- Heat Tawa and add clarified rich butter to it to give a toast to veggies.
- Add Ginger –Garlic paste.
- Now for spicy masala add chili paste.
- Saute them nicely and add Onion to it.
- Saute all the ingredients nicely.
- Add on Finely Chopped Tomatoes.
- For crunch add chopped carrots.
- Put some Capsicum for a nice flavor and smell.
- Time for spices-Add chili powder.
- Then add Cumin Powder.
- Turmeric for a nice texture.
- Now for Pav Bhaji Flavor add classical Pav Bhaji Masala.
- For tanginess add Chat Masala.
- At last Put Salt on the mixture of veggies.
- Toss and mash the veggies and spices properly to enhance to combine all the flavors.
- After mashing, Garnish it with luscious aromatic coriander leaves and mix it.
- Now time for Pav- Put butter on the Tawa.
- Cut Pav From middle and heat it over butter.
- Spread masala over pav and close the pav.
- Now heat the pav on Tawa and put some masala on both sides of the pav to make it tastier.
- For cheesy Pav – Put a slice of cheese in the center of Pav.
- For a tangy and street-side twist – Sprinkle a little bit of lemon juice along with coriander leaves.
- Mash all the veggies properly.
- You can add extra butter to Pav Masala for extra creaminess.