Karvand murabba or karonde a perfect sour and sweet and it’s very natural and healthy murabba. In India Murabba is a healthy option to preserve fruits. We always make many fruits murabba at home in that karvand murabba is one of the favorites recipes.
Karvand are sour tiny small fruits green and red in color. Karvand Hindi’s name is karonde, in Tamil chirukula, in Telugu kavali , they are so sour and full of vitamin c.
More about Karonde ka Murabba
From childhood, my aunt makes this murabba and I loved that very very much a perfect sweet and sour taste comes in my mouth. Whenever I visited her house I always ask her you make murabba for me and my cooking skills are all gift and blessing from women’s around me every woman have her special skills for cooking and I catch all of them for my cooking.
Karvand murabba is an easy recipe and we can make it in 20 minutes. We need just karvand or karonde and sugar as the main ingredients.
Video presentation of karvand murabba
please subscribe to your Youtube channel vaamcooking
Step by step photo guide of karvand murabba recipe
Wash karonde and pat dry them. Cut karonde into half or make four pieces of karvand. Now take out the seed from karvand its optional step..
Now in heavy bottom pan add karvand .
Then add sugar and mix well.
Now add water and mix well
Cook for 3-4 minutes until isugar syrup reaches to one sting consistency
Next add cardamom powder and mix well
Karvand murabba is ready.
Karvanda Murabba recipe card
- Heavy bottom pan
- Karonde or karvand 2 cup
- Sugar 3 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder a pinch
- Wash karonde and pat dry them.
- Cut karonde into half or make four pieces of karvand .
- Now take out seed from karvand its optional step.
- Now in heavy bottom pan add karvand .
- Then add sugar and mix well.
- Now add half cup of water
- Mix well.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add cardamom powder and cook again.
- Cook upto one string consistency.
- Once sugar comes to one string consistency off the flame .
- Let it cool down.
- Store in airtight bottle .
- For 3 days keep murabba outside and then store in freeze.